Last Sunday I made three variations of pancakes, pilled them on top of each other and covered them in yoghurt, syrup and blueberries. Last Sunday was a very good day.
I’m not the best cook so keep my pancakes super easy. I used the same recipes for all three variations, mixing in my different flavours once the mixture was almost ready:
- pancake one: banana and vanilla protein
- pancake two: peanut and chocolate chip
- pancake three: Supergreen
All you need are the ingredients below plus three bowls, a blender and a frying pan (or several).
Ingredients for three people (pancake base)
- 240g oats (80g per batch)
- 1 ripe banana (1/3 per batch)
- coconut milk and water (enough to form a pancakey consistency)
- coconut oil (for cooking)
Ingredients for three people (different flavours)
- MyProtein cocoa nibs (1 cup)
- MyProtein PB powder (3 tablespoons)
- MyProtein vanilla soy protein powder(30g)
- MyProtein Supergreen (3 tablespoons)
- alpro plain with coconut yoghurt
- frozen blueberries
- MyProtein cocoa nibs
- peanut butter
- MyProtein sugar free butterscotch syrup
Blitz all of the ingredients (except the coconut oil) in a blender until you get that nice and thick pancake consistency – these ingredients make quite thick pancakes but you can make them thinner by adding more coconut milk or water.
Separate the mixture into three bowls and then mix in your flavours into each bowl. Give it a good mix and then get cooking.
- pre-heat your oven to 50 degrees and place a plate inside (this will keep your pancakes nice and warm whilst your cooking your pancakes)
- put a teaspoon of coconut oil into your saucepan and turn up the heat – once the oils melted and nice and hot put in dollop of your first mixture
- keep the heat up relatively and once your see your mixture bubbling across the whole pancake give it a flip (this should take about 2 minutes)
- once your pancake is cooked through transfer it to the plate in the oven (watch out it will be hot)
- repeat until the rest of the mixture is finished and then move onto the next bowl
- once you’re out of the mixtures, pile up those pancakes, cover it in your toppings, grab a fork and enjoy!
Macros per pancake pile (one-third of ingredient above)
- calories: 674
- carbs: 77g
- fats: 26g
- protein: 30g
- sodium: 264mg
- sugar: 20g